Banding of Haemorrhoids
After this procedure:
- There may be mild discomfort and desire to open the bowels for a few days.
- Small rings may be passed at any time.
- There may be some bleeding during the first two weeks due to banding.
When to seek medical advice:
Please contact your doctor or hospital if you -
- Experience any pain not controlled by medication.
- Develop a fever.
- Develop excessive bleeding.
- Experience any general feeling of being unwell that continues more than two days post procedure.
If you have had sedation or general anaesthetic for this procedure:
The drugs used may still be in your system.
You must make sure you have a responsible adult to care for you at home after the procedure.
Until the following morning you should not:
- Drive a vehicle, ride a bicycle or operate machinery
- Make any important decisions
- Sign legal documents
- Drink alcohol