Patients are often in a weakened or confused state in hospital and are more susceptible to falling.
Falls are a leading cause of hospital-acquired injury.
At Bunbury Day Surgery we document and investigate every fall and take action to reduce the number of falls that occur.
Bunbury Day Surgery falls prevention program includes:
- Assessment of all patients for risk of falls.
- Reporting,investigating and monitoring of falls incidents.
- Quality improvement activities are undertaken to prevent falls and minimise patient harm.
- Spot inspections of the hospital environment to reduce the risk of falls.
- Patients are given education on admission about reducing their risk of a fall.
Pamphlets on Falls Prevention are available from our Admission Liaison if you would like a pamphlet sent to you prior to your admission please give us a ring.
Further information regarding falls maybe found at:
Falls data for Bunbury Day Surgery:
January 2019 - July 2019 - (No patient injuries from falls)
- 2017-2018 - (No patient injuries from falls)
- 2016 - 0 (up to the end of August)
- 2015 - 0
- 2014 - 0
- 2013 - 1 ( No injury)
- 2012 - 2 ( No injury)
- 2011 - 1 (No injury)
- 2010 - 0