On arrival our admissions nurse will greet you and finalise details, including processing any fund excess payment.
Please contact Bunbury Day Hospital on the weekday prior to your procedure to confirm your arrival time and to arrange a medical certificate if required.
On the Day of Admission
- Shower or bathe prior to arrival
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing
- Do not wear makeup or nail polish
- Remove all jewellery; including body piercings
- Unless otherwise advised take normal medications with minimal water
Bring With You
- Medications which may need to be taken immediately following procedure (e.g. insulin)
- X-rays (if required by doctor)
- Medicare card
- Private Health Fund Card
- Credit Card
Do not bring any jewellery or valuables with you!
Your specific fasting time and any special diet requirement will have been given to you by your surgeon's rooms.
(Fasting time prior to admission will be at least 6 hours for food and 3 hours for drinking.)
On arrival our admissions liaison will greet you and finalise admission details including any gap/fund excess payment.
A nurse will then accompany you to the preoperative area where you will change if required. The nurse will confirm your details, procedure and consent form, allergy status, fasting status, and take observations. You will also be seen by the anaesthetist.
Our theatre nurses will then take you in to the operating room where you will be looked after throughout your procedure by our nurses, Surgeon and Anaesthetist. After your procedure you will wake up in the specialised recovery area where your progress will be monitored until you are ready to go home.