Pre-admission Patient Information
Bunbury Day Hospital is committed to providing you with expert medical care in a comfortable and caring environment. Please read the patient information below, as it outlines important details about your day hospital stay and the preparation required in the lead-up to your visit.
Please advise our staff if you may be pregnant or breastfeeding.
Surgery Information & Informed Consent
Information about your operation will have been supplied to you by our hospital or your Doctor , please ensure you read this carefully as it explains the:
- associated risks
- preparation required, and
- expected outcomes
This information is provided so that you may give informed consent for your surgery.
Please note – It is your right to request further details or clarification of your procedure or to cancel at any time.
Online Health Assessment
Pre-Admission is a very important part of your medical care at Bunbury Day Hospital. If you have not completed our Hospital Health Assessment then please proceed with completing this online form via the link below.
If you are unable to complete this Health Assessment online, contact our helpful team on 08 9791 2244 and a hard copy can be provided to you.
Please note it is very important that we receive your information promptly to allow us time to check your medical needs and private health fund insurance prior to the procedure. Your booking is not confirmed until we have received and processed this paper work.
Pre-admission Phone Call
Our pre-admission nurse may phone you in the lead up to your procedure to discuss your:
- Arrival time
- Fasting times
- Transport and parking
- Adult support person to collect you and remain with you for 24 hours post-procedure
- Length of stay
- Medical and medication history
- Allergies to food or medications
- A discussion on what matters to you to establish a goal of care for your admission
- Other admission and discharge details
- Any mobility issues
Please take this opportunity to raise any questions or concerns about your admission.
For paediatric patients, our nurse may phone you to discuss a separate list of pre-admission screening questions.
Your specific fasting time and any special dietary requirements will be advised during your pre-admission phone call with our nurse. Your fasting time prior to admission will be at least 6 hours for food and 3 hours for water. Please do not chew gum on the day of surgery.
- Our hospital will contact you one business day before your procedure to confirm your arrival time.
- Please arrive at the requested time (no earlier or later).
- In the unlikely event your admission time is delayed, we ask for your understanding. When delays occur, our staff will keep you updated.
In best managing your expectations, prepare to be at Bunbury Day Hospital for two to four hours.